Wednesday, September 23, 2009

We Went, We Saw (and Received!), We Came Home!

Ok, so I'm "not all here" these days...as ever since we got the long-awaited call with our travel dates back in August I have been otherwise occupied. An oh-so-happy type of occupied, but very busy nonetheless. Postings were the first luxury to get kicked to the curb. Do not fear, I did not kick any of the kids thataway ;) On the contrary, for two weeks (at least!) before we left for Ethiopia I spent almost every waking minute preparing the schedules, contacting teachers, packing giant rubbermaid bins with the required clothes, food and supplies, writing "love letters" and pre-sending emails, cleaning, I know there was more...all for the three older children!!! And, after all of that, very quickly, I got to pack for our journey to Dawit!

Then, a couple of weeks later...following 5 days of relaxation-filled, bonding bliss...we returned home to a life that didn't care so much that I had three days of sleep to catch up on (I CANNOT sleep on airplanes) and a "new" baby that was trained (I suspect) to wake every 1-2 hours demanding a bottle (sadly, not a binky)! Thus, items from my previous life...you know, a month and a half ago...remain discarded and now more than a bit dusty on the sidelines. No more Facebooking, no more late night movies, just logged on to Yahoo group tonight, and now this very belated post! I honestly don't know how others do it...the posts on the day of return! I give you HUGE props. But secretly, I'm hoping that your house is in shambles or perhaps you haven't showered in a few days?! I know, I'm terrible.

So here is the actual post: We're Back! With the most precious, easy-going peanut baby ever. That's it. For now. I will post pictures tomorrow and hope to get into some details "soon". My eyes are burning and my head is nodding...and you've NO idea how many typos I have backspaced on to correct. Good night!

3 comments:

Eastiopians said...

Haha, what a good description of the after-trip life. :) Hope you get some rest and into your new normal soon! I'm glad your sweet boy is doing well.

Theresa

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

It's all good. I think that some people are just more insane or maybe don't need as much sleep??? Totally understand...didn't have a blog or facebook or listserv when we first came home- did those afterwards. So I will remember it is ok when we arrive home with Naomi to be a bit behind :)

Jess & Matt said...

I hear you! I have plced almost everything but the kids to the back burner. No sleep here either.